Start Your Gilchrist Career Today
Working at Gilchrist is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a difference. Join us in our mission to provide quality compassionate care, counseling and support to people at every stage of serious illness, so they may live life to the fullest. Start your Gilchrist Career today.
To quick apply, email Gilchrist HR with your name, phone number, preferred email address and area of interest (nursing, nurse practitioners, physicians, social workers, administrative, other).
Browse All Positions
- Gilchrist Hospice Admissions Manager Directs clinical patient care delivery; directs the field team (admission representatives and RN admissions team) to maximize same day and next day admissions.
- Gilchrist Medical Director – Palliative Medicine Provides clinical care for complex, palliative-appropriate patients across settings (inpatient, outpatient, and community-based settings), maintain clinical and administrative supervision of PM providers. In collaboration with interdisciplinary team members, will provide complex palliative care for at-risk patients, patients requiring symptom management and supportive care, and developing goals of care and treatment plans. Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory and clinical policies and procedures.
Gilchrist Is Certified as a Great Place to Work®
Gilchrist has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® for three years in a row. Gilchrist earned this credential based on extensive ratings provided by employees in anonymous surveys.
Employees rated their workplace in areas ranging from atmosphere, pride, communication, leadership, camaraderie and fairness. Here are a few highlights of how our employees rated Gilchrist:
- 91% ─ People are given a lot of responsibility.
- 91% ─ People are treated fairly, regardless of their gender.
- 90% ─ They feel good about the ways they contribute to the community.
- 90% ─ When they joined the organization, they were made to feel welcome.
- 88% ─ Feel a sense of pride about what they have accomplished.
Gilchrist Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Additionally, Gilchrist offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include:
- Medical and Prescription Plan
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Critical Care Insurance
- 403(b)/401(a) Retirement Plan
- Pre-Paid Legal Providers: Hyatt Legal and LifeLock
- Discounts to ACAC Fitness & Wellness Centers
- Discounts to Sprint, Verizon and AT&T Cell Phone Services
- GBMC Credit Union
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement: $5,000 per calendar year for full-time employees ($2,500 for part-time employees who work more than 20 hours a week). Books, examination costs, room and board, lab fees and other fees will not be reimbursed.
Not ready to fill out an application?
Types of Employment
Gilchrist’s extraordinary staff of professionals and volunteers are dedicated to profoundly enhancing the end of life for people facing a serious illness. Therefore, we seek employees who are technically skilled and possess superior interpersonal skills and, of course, wish to contribute to our culture of caring in both clinical and non-clinical positions.
View a brief description of positions offered at Gilchrist:
The Admissions process is the first step in enrolling patients in hospice. The Admissions nurse will perform an initial assessment and provide education about hospice services.
Highly skilled interdisciplinary teams offer a comprehensive and collaborative approach to care. Their focus is on pain relief, symptom control, comfort and support. These teams provide services throughout Central Maryland, specifically, Baltimore City and Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties.
Our three inpatient centers (Gilchrist Center Towson, Gilchrist Center Howard County and Gilchrist Center Baltimore) are conveniently located in the heart of our service area. Furthermore, these centers offer state-of-the-art medical expertise and round-the-clock nursing care in home-like environments.
Our pediatric home hospice program cares for infants, children and teens. Due to their serious illnesses or injuries, care is focused on palliative (comfort-oriented) care, pain management, symptom control and emotional support.
The Nights, Evenings, Weekends team is available around the clock to consult with families and provide assistance.
Assumes responsibility for initial evaluations and treatments.
Assists physicians in providing direct patient care and evaluation of patients in an office setting.
Performs ICD-9/ICD-10 coding on clinician claims.
Assess and provide grief counseling to clients who experience loss.